10/20/2006

Arf! Arf!!

So, MacKay apparently called Stronach a dog.
The barely-audible exchange was caught on audio tape, with one MP asking "what about your dog?" and someone responding: "You have her."
Interesting that no one has pointed out MacKay only said "her" and not "Belinda." What makes everyone so certain he was referring to Stronach?
Unless you all really do think she is a dog.
Not that I would presume to debate the issue.

In all seriousness though, I can't say as I feel sorry for Stronach. Should MacKay have said it? Probably not. Should he be punished? No, I don't think so. Was it a sexist comment? No, not really. It was just an observation on her conduct. If she wants to be revered as a so-called empowered woman, the last great hope for feminism in politics, then she should act with a little more dignity. Call a spade a spade, and if you're going to act like a ho, then you deserve what you get... canine comments included.

7 comments:

grit heart said...

Keep going boys, I`m sure that was another point or two in public opinion.

"Never underestimate the Tories ability to relinquish pwer quickly"

Hector B. said...

Grit heart is quoting him/herself. What a dumb-ass.

So every time Randy Jackson says "yo dawg" he should apologize to all the world's karaoke singers.

Anonymous said...

All anyone has to do is go to blogging tories to find out what a bunch of biggoted, anit-feminist assholes you are.

I can't wait to see the next set of poll results.

The more you carry on with this crap the more you go down.

Ruth said...

Nothing like a little useless ad hominem to liven up the conversation. Normally, I'd delete a dumb comment like this, but I think I'll leave it as proof of how little the other side has to offer in defense of Stronach.

Hannah said...

How was the conversation caught on tape in the first place? That is what I want to know.

Isn't illegal to record a conversation without informing the other party?

I could be wrong, of course...

Ruth said...

It wasn't a conversation.
It was said in the House of Commons. Everything that goes on in the House is recorded.

Hannah said...

Ah. Makes more sense. I was unaware of the original context.

Well.... I think McKay needs to be more careful of what comes out of his mouth if he knows he is being recorded. That said, I can't say I fully disagree with him. ;)

Listed on BlogsCanada Blogarama - The Blog Directory Powered by Blogger FeedBurner Blogging Tories
Southern Ontario Conservatives