3/14/2006

Bernard Shapiro:
Tough Guy or Puppet?

(Before I begin, I'd just like to post a link to this bit at a liberal blog. I don't really agree with every said, but there are a few good points. My intention had been to dissect it bit by bit, but I really don't feel like doing that now. Read it anyway.)

But on to my feelings about Shapiro.
The short version: Shapiro is a tool.
There is more to it than that, of course. He refused to investigate Belinda Stronach when she crossed the floor. His investigation of the Grewal tapes left much to be desired. He refused to investigate Valeri, using the fact that Parliament was not sitting as an excuse. Now he wishes to investigate Emerson for crossing the floor, eventhough Parliament is not sitting.
In my opinion, it would have been much better if Shapiro could simply have been replaced the moment Harper stepped into office. It's a shame Ed Broadbent turned down the position, but I can understand his reasons. Family is definitely more important than some job. Unfortunately though, the Prime Minister can't fire the Ethics Commissioner... which is a good thing, Shapiro's asinine behaviour notwithstanding.
From what I heard on Question Period on Sunday, there was once a time when Shapiro was a well-respected individual. Now he looks like a fool and the Liberal Party lackey. Fair and unbiased are definitely not words I would use to describe him at all. He needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Puppet.

Polunatic said...

Thanks for the reference.

For your info, Polunatic is not a "liberal" blog nor is it a conservative blog.

Polunatic was about the only blog to challenge the Shapiro appointment when it became known.

The Ethics Commissioner's Ethics"

Listed on BlogsCanada Blogarama - The Blog Directory Powered by Blogger FeedBurner Blogging Tories
Southern Ontario Conservatives