2/09/2006

On With Business Then...

Enough farting around then. I haven't written anything in a few days and am now way behind on the news. Screw the lot of you that don't like orange ;-) (Although, I will admit there was rather a lot of it at first). For now it stays.
Where were we?
Oh yes! To my eternal shock, Michael Coren would appear to be technologically illiterate. I definitely did not see that coming. On yesterday's show he denied the effect blogs have had on the media, didn't really seem to know what a blog was in the first place and definitely didn't know what podcasting was. And all this time I've been thinking of sending an email to say he should keep a blog.
Still not sure what to think of Emerson's defection. To be honest, I am having trouble seeing the bright side. I suppose the justification is that the government now has a voice from an urban centre. Really though, the Conservative candidate in Emerson's riding was in a distant third. If he wasn't going to stay with the Liberals, maybe the seat should have gone to the NDP. If our system was different, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with people crossing the floor. The issue is though, that people vote for the party. They may say they're voting for the person, but the reality is the party is what counts.
And the Conservatives weren't really wanted in Emerson's riding.
I don't have much of an issue with Fortier and the Senate. This is probably because I really don't have much of an issue with the Senate. Like it or not, it was intended to be appointed. Harper played by the rules on this one, so I really don't fault him.
CTV has a fluffy bit on Harper, the new PM. It reminds me a lot of the garbage we heard over the summer about Harper needing to remake his image. The comment that says gone is the helmet hair-do kills me.
What Harper are they looking at?
That's still helmet hair guys.
And it has nothing to do with his ability to govern.

2 comments:

Canadi-anna said...

Orange is cool if it's what you like.
I love the picture along the top.

PGP said...

The crossing the floor thing is down to the member who does the crossing and the constituents.

Let the them work it out.
In the meantime there is work to be done.

Listed on BlogsCanada Blogarama - The Blog Directory Powered by Blogger FeedBurner Blogging Tories
Southern Ontario Conservatives