2/20/2006

More Stay At Home Moms

Antonia has a great post on trash and stay at home moms. Everyone should read the entire thing, but I would just like to point out these two bits.
I am a staunch feminist. One of the originals. But this morning I came to the conclusion that many of our neighbourhoods have become messier and dirtier just because the Moms aren't at home to make sure the kids aren't littering (PICK THAT UP!)...
I bet you if their Moms (or Dads) were home, this wouldn't happen so much.

Just say Moms, Antonia. It's ok. It's not sexist. No offence meant guys, but we all know you leave your clothes all over the floor.

4 comments:

Peter Thurley said...

if she just says mom's then she leaves out the possibility of stay-at-home dads, of which I know a few. In fact, one of the reasons I want to be an academic is so that I can be at home with my children as much as possible. I'd like to be a stay-at-home father.

Sara said...

someone give him a cookie, just kiddin. I've heard that a lot lately, fathers stepping up and staying at home with the kids. For the record she does mention dads staying at home as well.

Ruth said...

Peter, could you honestly not tell that this was a joke?
Nevermind, don't answer that.

Sara said...

I thought it was serious too,, a bit quarky but serious. I think you are right though we need to laugh more...

Listed on BlogsCanada Blogarama - The Blog Directory Powered by Blogger FeedBurner Blogging Tories
Southern Ontario Conservatives